What is the challenge?
6 week challenge focused on improving body composition and performance. We will break old habits and form new ones that contribute to a healthier you! This challenge is NOT a short term “fad” diet, it is meant to teach you how to reach AND SUSTAIN your goals. This will not be easy, but it will be worth it. You will be flooded with information and specifics on what to eat, how much and when. You will also be held accountable for your progress via a point system that is explained below.
What does it require?
Hard work, planning, and dedication to meeting your goals! You will be responsible for completing two baseline workouts AND keeping up with your nutrition points – grab a cheap notebook or keep track in a notes app on your phone.
There will be a $50 buy-in that will include TWO Bod Pod sessions (one before the challenge – one after). Generally each session is $45, you are essentially getting TWO sessions for the price of ONE. The Bod Pod will be on location at AMP on AUGUST 26th for testing.
When does it start?
The challenge will begin after everyone has been measured (Bod Pod) and the specifics have been reviewed and explained in detail. SESSIONS WILL BE SCHEDULED IN 10 MINUTE INTERVALS THROUGHOUT THE DAY BEGINNING AT 7 AM on August 26th. SIGN-UP SHEET IS LOCATED IN THE GYM ON THE BULLETIN BOARD. You may pay any time between signup and Saturday the 26th at the time of your measurement VIA CASH OR CARD ONLY. You will not be allowed to test if you have not paid.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRIZES:
** YOU MUST UTILIZE THE BOD POD BEFORE AND AFTER CHALLENGE
** YOU MUST LOG AND SUBMIT ALL SCORES WITHIN ONE WEEK OF FINISHING CHALLENGE
** YOU MUST COMPLETE BASELINE WORKOUTS BEFORE AND AFTER AND HAVE A SCORE FOR EACH TIME
Weekly Scoring and Reporting:
1. Workout Scoring (90 points):
– 15 Points a day for each day you workout
– 90 points a week maximum
– Workouts outside the gym may be counted, however, you must be active for a minimum of 20 minutes, and you must post your workout on Facebook AND tag AMP Strength.
2. Optional Finisher (35 points):
– 5 points a day for doing “optional finisher” (max points per week is 35 points – only one attempt per day)
– optional finishers will be posted on FaceBook … YOU MUST comment with your score on the original post to receive points.
3. Daily and Weekly Diet Scoring (105 points):
– 15 points a day for eating a minimum of 4 meals (including a lean protein, vegetable, and fat), and drinking only water, a minimum of 64 oz (exception – 1 cup of coffee or green tea unsweetened/non-dairy).
– 105 points a week maximum
– If you do not follow minimum guidelines, you get 0 points for that day ZERO, NADA, ZIP
MINIMUM GUIDELINES to receive 15 points:
– You must eat a minimum of 4 meals (“snacks” do not count as meals) per day including a meat, vegetable, and a healthy fat.
– No processed foods, this includes artificial sweeteners.
– ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR IN ANY FORM. PERIOD.
5. Cheats (-140):
– 5 points off for each cheat (any high glycemic carb, beverage that is not water, alcoholic beverage, or cheat food/meal). CLICK HERE TO LEARN ABOUT HIGH GLYCEMIC CARBS.
– 20 points a day as a cap
– there will be no negative scores
– if you have to ask, its probably a cheat
6. Total Points (230) and Bonus Points (35 points):
– 230 points for maximum points in one week
– 35 additional bonus points for a perfect week (5 additional points a day)
– Maximum Total points in one week = 265 points
– Paleo-ish – this is somewhat subjective. ABSOLUTELY NO “Paleo-ified” desserts, i.e. “paleo” brownies, ice cream, pie, cookies etc … just because the word “paleo” is used doesn’t make it an ideal option.
– Basic Paleo rules apply- no dairy, no refined sugars, some starches in moderation
– Click here for more specific food suggestions. This list is to be used as an example, a NON COMPREHENSIVE set of guidelines.
Weekly Exceptions: (allotted 4 per week):
– 2 bananas a week max (½ portion at a time)
– 2 cups of either quinoa, brown rice, beans (1/2 portion at a time – approx 1/4 c.)
– the workouts are to be performed independently
– you must complete them during your first week
– you must complete during the week AFTER the challenge
400 M Run
20 Box Jumps
Rest 60 Seconds
Score = Total Time MINUS Rest
Calorie Row-damper at 5 for everyone